Tuesday 14 September 2010

Project Happenings!

Aah it's been a while since I posted, oops! The internet connection here isn't great so I have to use an internet cafe nearby.

I am now in my project up in Na Kae, and it is beautiful! Everyone is unbelievably nice and friendly, and they have all been really welcoming. My host family are lovely, I stayed with them for the first 2 weeks and now I'm living in a house with just my partner. It's great to be in out own house, but it's a few miles from our host families house so we don't get to see the friends we made there as often as we did. We can still cycle there though! Cycling for 40 minutes uphill in a monsoon is actually quite fun!

The school we're at is really nice, quite small so it's easy to find our way around which is good. It's a secondar school, but I think we'll be teaching at the primary school after the language course in Chiang Mai. The pupils are really cute, but I must say they are a lot cuter when they're outside the classroom. When you have a room of 30 15 year olds, they ain't so cute...!

We've been paraded everywhere, and been to a couple of temples which are beautiful. We also made merit by giving food to the monks in the morning a couple of times, which although it was all in Thai was a really good experience. I'll try to upload some photos to go with posts soon!!

I think on Friday we are judging a spelling bee competition in one of the nearby towns, so that should be interesting.

Off to the language course in a couple of weeks and I'm really looking forward to that, it'll be brilliant to be with all the volunteers again, and of course to learn Thai will be exciting!

Nakaepitthayakhom School!

No comments:

Post a Comment